Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20: Thankful for FRIENDS

MY DEAREST FRIENDS,

It has been awhile since I saw you last. Let us for a minute or two remember the past??
 I first moved to our HOMETOWN when I was in the 5th grade.  OH, how I was terrified and so afarid. You see I was not the same size as many of you were. And some of you didn't want to befriend HER.
 SECRETS WERE BURIED WAY BACK THEN. BY PEOPLE WHO LOVED ME THE MOST, KNOWN AS MY KIN. THE SECRET WAS AN UGLY ONE, WHEN AT THE AGE OF 28, I FOUND OUT THE TRUTH. MY FAMILY HAD SHIELDED ME AND THOUGHT I HAD ALWAYS KNOWN OF THE ABUSE.
 I had always told you back then that I wouldn't always be FAT. Yet, the jokes went on and many of youwould laugh.  I have lost 100 pounds since back then and am looking GOOD, some say. While the ones who picked on me are now as BIG AS I USED TO WEIGH.  You shoud have listened to me when I used to say:
 "Pick on me. Go ahead. You'll be like this one day."
 Now that that has been said I feel so much better. That is why I wrote you this letter.
 The past is something that cannot be changed. Nothing can ever heal the hurt or the pain. Yet, with GOD's help we will all be fine. That is why I am wanting you as a friend of mine. We will get past the bitterness and sorrows. So we all can enjoy one another company for FUTURE TOMORROWS.
 MOST ESPECIALLY TO THE BUNA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION CLASS OF 1992. I THANK GOD my gandparents moved me here back then and that I spent my schoolyears with you.
 I have been married only once and we are going on 15 years. I also have one son and daughter who have brought both joy and tears.  I would not ask for anything else in my life. For GOD made all my dreams come true on MAY 14, 1995 when PRUITT TANTON made me his wife.
 So this is what I have been up too all these years we have been apart. But GOD has taught me to value the FRIENDSHIPS I have made with all of my heart.

 Here I sit writing to all of you this letter, just so you can know me a little better.
 When you can, drop me a line and let me know how you have been.
BECAUSE I VALUE OUR FRIENDSHIP AND HAVE MISSED ALL MY FRIENDS!!!!


BIG HEART in small town

No comments:

Post a Comment